Monday, 26 January 2009

Done.

Finished the weaving yesterday evening, the fabric strip has now been zigzagged and washed. Just need to hem and take photos now.

I had planned to make two tea towels, and see how much loom waste I ended up with. I got the tea towels, and a square face cloth, plus a smaller sampler (all up I think I had enough for three tea towels). I got within 40cm of the end of the warp, and had about 10cm lost for the tie on to start with. All in all I'm quite impressed - I expected to have more loom waste than that. I do plan to try and avoid working quite so close to the end of the warp again, it was rather awkward. But I know I can do it if I need to.

Next project is possibly a lightweight blanket. I have to do lots of planning first though, including counting heddles to see how many I have.

I'm aiming to get photos of the weaving I've just done sometime in the next few days.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Can't wait to see photos!

Gwen said...

Ditto on looking forward to seeing the pictures! ;)

I'm about to calculate my first loom waste - I'm sure it'll be a lot more than that...

Meg in Nelson said...

Yes, let us know how close to the heddles you manage to weave. The shortest on mine thus far has been 25cm.