Wednesday 4 February 2009

Photos (finally)

I took these photos last week, but only got around to uploading them last night. The photos showing a lighter blue are closer to the actual colour.

First tea towel:
Whole thing
DSC_5052

Close up on front
DSC_5062

Close up on back
DSC_5060

Second tea towel:
Whole thing
DSC_5054

Close up on front
DSC_5055

Close up on back
DSC_5061

Third piece (face cloth perhaps?):
DSC_5064

Last bit - just a sampler to see how close to the end of the warp I could comfortably get.
DSC_5068

My favourite pieces are the white cloth and the second tea towel. And I now have a better feel for my loom, which was the real point of the exercise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look so pretty--just my favorite blue. The strong warp stripes are a great design element. And your sampler shows there is a lot to mine from hin and wieder.

bspinner said...

Great towels. I love the color and pattern.

Lynnette said...

Just lovely, I find blue and white so crisp and clean looking.

sampling said...

Something about the blue and white combination that is really appealing! How did you find the transition from a table loom to a countermarche floor loom? My 'new' loom is also a Thorp!
Amanda