Sunday 5 October 2008

Bad waffle photos

I took photos of the scarf this afternoon, but it was very sunny and they're not very good. Here they are anyway...

Here's the whole scarf
DSC_4479
Only one end is fringed and had the ends sewn in (and I noticed one fringe that still needed finishing).

And a photo just showing the (mostly) finished end. The fringing still needs to be cut to the right length.
DSC_4482
I had fun playing with interlacing the fringe in an attempt to effectively add scarf length. When I tie it around my neck the point of the interlacing almost reaches my waist...

And after that, I wound a cotton warp for some tea towels (otherwise known as an excuse to try Swedish lace...) I probably won't get it on the loom until next weekend though.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's really, really pretty!

Meg said...

You read my mind. Please please please let us know about your warp-weighted loom experiment. I'd be so interested to know. Whether it works, in your mind, or not!