Thursday 9 October 2014

WIP Wednesday, mitten edition

The weather is definitely cooling down here, and I only have one pair of small mittens for two little boys. Clearly this won't work, so last week I started on another pair. The pattern is The Stay Put Mini Mitts by Jennifer Alexander, size 3-4. Yarn is Schoeller + Stahl Limbo, a superwash wool. I am using 3.25mm needles, which is smaller than what the pattern calls for, but is giving me a nice dense mitten.

I have actually finished the thumb now, next photos will probably be of the pair though.

I started these on Saturday, and would probably be further along by now, but for the last 4 days we have all been working through various stages of a stomach bug. Everyone appears to be on the mend now, The Changeling is the last to be laid low and I think the fact that he is still breastfed has helped a lot. He does have some pretty nasty nappy rash at the moment, but we have the medications and routine sorted from when he had issues before so fingers crossed that he will bounce back pretty quickly.


No comments: