Wednesday 6 November 2013

New Chairs!

We have some old dining chairs which used to belong to Grandma-in-law. They are quite comfortable, but the upholstery is seriously in need of replacing.


After getting sick of trying to clean what was left of the pile fabric after the 2 year old has been eating in it, I finally got around to ordering some oilcloth to redo the seats. The stuff I found that I actually liked (aesthetically) turned out to be much lower quality than what I found locally and didn't like, but it will still serve well enough. It was also less than half the price, so I'm not particularly surprised.

Thankfully I didn't have to replace any padding, because the original upholstery I found under the layer I was replacing wasn't too badly beaten up. It had a few holes and was very worn, but not badly damaged enough to require major repairs.

And voila:


(I confess I have only done one so far. The others will be done by the time the baby needs a chair to sit in...)

2 comments:

Meg said...

Oh, oh, oh, so cute! And blue for boys??? Just kidding.

Rachelle said...

I'm going to have to do that too at some point; Ian is an incredibly messy eater and the chairs are all showing signs of ill treatment.