Thursday, 27 November 2008

Festive exchange towels

Sorry Meg, I said I was going to post this yesterday...

I have two tea towels to enter into this exchange. I've posted about them both previously, so nothing new and exciting here.

They're both a cream cotton (not sure of size, maybe a little thicker than the 22/2 cottolin that I have). The colour is a fairly dark cream, but isn't "dirty" looking at all. They can either be a pair or separate - they're the same colour but not the same design or size.

The patterning on both is Swedish Lace. "Chantilly Cream" is 32cm x 55cm, and is an allover lace pattern (blocks of varying sizes).
DSC_4574

"Devonshire Cream" is slightly larger, 32.5cm x 63cm. It was done on the same threading, but I did a pickup pattern to make a plain diamond in the middle.
DSC_4759

I've already been told quite a few times that the second one would make a nice table mat, so I guess there's that option too. The pictures don't really show the lace patterning too well, but my photography skills could do with a bit of work.

4 comments:

Geodyne said...

They're both absolutely goegeous!

I'm not sure the cat's prepared to permit you to let the first one leave the house though...

Sonya said...

I'm sure I can convince him, he can always be tempted away with fish...

Meg in Nelson said...

Oh, Sonya, these have got to be the best names!!

Marie said...

How lovely they are. I wish I'd have joined just to get one of those. Great work.