Thursday 27 November 2008

Festive exchange towels

Sorry Meg, I said I was going to post this yesterday...

I have two tea towels to enter into this exchange. I've posted about them both previously, so nothing new and exciting here.

They're both a cream cotton (not sure of size, maybe a little thicker than the 22/2 cottolin that I have). The colour is a fairly dark cream, but isn't "dirty" looking at all. They can either be a pair or separate - they're the same colour but not the same design or size.

The patterning on both is Swedish Lace. "Chantilly Cream" is 32cm x 55cm, and is an allover lace pattern (blocks of varying sizes).
DSC_4574

"Devonshire Cream" is slightly larger, 32.5cm x 63cm. It was done on the same threading, but I did a pickup pattern to make a plain diamond in the middle.
DSC_4759

I've already been told quite a few times that the second one would make a nice table mat, so I guess there's that option too. The pictures don't really show the lace patterning too well, but my photography skills could do with a bit of work.

4 comments:

Geodyne said...

They're both absolutely goegeous!

I'm not sure the cat's prepared to permit you to let the first one leave the house though...

Sonya said...

I'm sure I can convince him, he can always be tempted away with fish...

Meg said...

Oh, Sonya, these have got to be the best names!!

Marie said...

How lovely they are. I wish I'd have joined just to get one of those. Great work.